chocolate chip s’mores cookies
Get toasty this fall holiday with our Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookie! The kids are home for fall holiday break and what’s a better warm pick-me-up treat after coming in from the crisp cold than a cup of our homemade hot cocoa and a warm cookie oozing with ooey-gooey goodness.
recipe: chocolate chip s’mores cookies
chocolate chip cookies:
- 2 C flour
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 8oz unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar and spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325:
- Sift together Dry ingredients, set aside
- Cream room temperature butter for 2 minutes on speed 2, scrape down the mixing bowl
- Add sugars: Cream on speed 2 for 3 minutes
- Pour the vanilla extract in eggs. Add eggs 1 at a time , Creaming each egg for 1 minute
- Add the dry ingredients in 2 parts. On Speed 1, for 2 min each.
- Add chocolate chips, mix on lowest speed for 1 minute
- Scoop 1 ounce cookie batter and roll into a ball.
- Place parchment on cookie tray, arrange 8 scooped cookie balls on tray and bake for 13 min or until brown. Cool on sheet pan for 1 minute and transfer immediately to another sheet pan with parchment.
- Try Kara’s Cupcakes Handcrafted Artisan Vanilla Marshmallows. Now shipping nationwide!
- Melt 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate with 2 tablespoons of milk. Heat on the stove or in a microwave safe bowl until smooth. Kara suggests Guittard Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Select 1 of Kara’s Cupcakes Artisan Vanilla Marshmallows. Heat the marshmallow with a handheld torch or broil in oven on a sheet pan for a few minutes until softened. Be careful not to over burn!
- Select 2 cookies of the same size. Place the first of your chocolate chip cookies on a cooled sheet pan with the bottom side up. Add your warm melted/ toasted marshmallow to the cookie. Drizzle the top of the marshmallow with a 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate and gently press 2nd cookie, bottom side down, on top of the marshmallow, chocolate and 1st cookie. Press top and bottom of cookies to form a sandwich. Allow for the softened marshmallow and melted chocolate to ooze out of the cookie. This is where you may need to lick your fingers or call for an intervention!
- Continue to make the remainder cookies. Enjoy immediately… there is no need to wait! Left over sandwich cookies may be kept in an air tight container. However, we doubt there will be any left 🙂
Kara’s Cupcakes is the vision of executive pastry chef, Kara Haspel Lind. Kara always had a love for sweets. A graduate of Tante Marie’s Professional Pastry School in San Francisco, her word of mouth cupcake catering business quickly grew to nine busy bakeries. Even now, a busy mom, and nine busy bakeries selling her famous cupcakes, cakes and artisan sweets, Kara can still be found most mornings working in the kitchen with her dedicated pastry staff.
Follow Kara on @KaraKCup